The Reuters Digital Vision Program is a one-year fellowship at Stanford University for mid-career tech professionals. I'm blogging my experiences there: the amazing guest speakers, the interesting classes and discussion groups with other fellows, and thoughts on how technology can help reduce the gulf between the global rich and poor.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

DonorsChoose.org

I recently learned about a new initiative from DonorsChoose.org, a non-profit that accepts grant requests from K-12 teachers and makes them available to donors from across the country. DonorsChoose has set up BloggersChoose.org, a way for us bloggers to spread the word. Anyone can create a challenge, and then publicize it.

I've set up one on Economics and the World, though the only proposal I've found to include so far is one that's local: a high school in Richmond, CA. I've set a rather ambitious goal of $800, especially since this blog has been dormant for nearly a year.

If you're not in a position to give, consider putting together your own challenge, and publicizing it to your network!